Monday, November 10, 2008

I Have Arrived!

Yesterday, November 9th at 9:25 pm, I was born!


I woke Mommy up early Sunday morning to let her know that I'd be making my appearance later in the day. I chose to stick to the plan and to arrive on my exact due date.


Mommy waited quietly for over an hour for Daddy to wake up around 6:30 am (she is so considerate). When he woke up, she shared the news that he'd be meeting his baby girl in a little while.


So, full of excitement and anticipation, Mommy and Daddy headed to Athens Regional, where I'd be born. Mommy had a long, but good, labor. She is such a trooper!


Finally, it was time to push! Getting here was a little tougher than expected. Mommy and I had to work at it for almost 2 hours! But, we both did our best, and with determination, love and Daddy's support, at 9:25 pm, I met the World.


I am Jillian 'Drew' Martin, 8 pounds 2 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long. Everyone loves my sweet chubby cheeks! It is yet to be determined whom I look most like...


So, far, I am a perfect little angel. Eating and sleeping like a champ. Mommy, Daddy and I will head home on Tuesday. I can't wait to meet my doggie-sister, Sam!


Mommy and Daddy are overflowing with joy and thankfulness for my safe and healthy arrival. What a blessing!


Now, let the fun and excitement of life begin!


Truly a bundle of joy!






















Perfect in every way!


















Such a sleepy girl!


















I've got Grandpa Scooter's heart already!






















Cousin Mallory is very concerned when I cry. So sweet!























Daddy's girl






















A priceless moment in time


















"Every good and perfect gift is from above.” - James 1:17



4 comments:

Caroline said...

Congrats guys, we are sooooo happy for you guys and can't wait to meet that adorable baby!!!! Love the pictures, giving me goose bumps, so glad everything went well .. thanks so much for sharing the pictures, she is a doll. I hope you guys are getting lots of rest .. he he :) Love you guys and can't wait to meet Drew during the Christmas holidays!!!!

Love,

Joey, Caroline, Nathan & Jackson Taylor

The Fleming Boys said...

We are beyond thrilled that Drew is finally here! Another precious baby to add to the family. Can't wait to hold and kiss you little one!

Chris, Magill and Sawyer

Anonymous said...

Yea!! What a beauty Ms. Drew is. Can't wait until I can see her in person. What a Thanksgiving this will be for your whole family. Congrats on a job well done.
Love ya,
Becky & Rich Fleming

Unknown said...

I cannot wait to see my little niece this weekend!! She is precious!